Job ID 715070
Fast-paced, high-growth marketing company serving the automotive industry seeks Senior Microsoft BI Developer.
Ideal candidate will have ability to carry out assigned tasks with limited need for supervision, work well in a fast, agile and fluid environment and possess strong problem solving skills, as well as consistent attention to detail.
• Design and implement data models to support analytics and reporting initiatives
• Create complex analytic queries on large data sets.
• Be a key contributor on business intelligence projects and become an industry domain expert.
• Develop data transformations, reports, dashboards, OLAP cubes, and applications in cooperation with other team members.
• Analyze query execution plans and optimize database for performance
• Design, Develop and Deploy SSIS Packages.
• Write unit test and automated testing scripts for SSIS packages
• Creating stored procedures, triggers, and functions
• Generating code to extract, transform and load data
• Develop and design database objects, such as tables, indexes, constraints, etc.
• Be able to work with development, business teams.
• Research and develop new ways to improve existing functionality
• Proactively analyze and bring forth ideas for continuous improvement
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Writing queries used for front-end applications (websites, desktop applications, or cloud apps)
• Designing and coding database tables to store the application’s data
What You Need for this Position:
• 6+ years as a SQL BI Developer
• 3+ year experience with SSIS
• 3+ year experience in database and ETL development
• 3+ years experience in .Net development and web development.
• Expert working with Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse enterprise platforms
• Expert working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012. Experience with 2014 a plus.
• Excellent understanding of query execution plans.
• Experience and understanding how to scale database driven applications through refactoring logic out to cache based services.
• Experience with NoSQL databases including Mongo and Hadoop a plus.
• Experience with search and caching services with Elastic Search or Solr.
• Expert working knowledge of Stored Procedures and SQL coding
• Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues
• Working knowledge of current hardware systems disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
• Experience in automotive industry a plus.
• good to have experience on any of source control (SVN, GIT..)
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• good to have experience on C#