Job Title: Engineer Audio Codecs
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025
Profile: The prospective candidate will be part of a dynamic team; working on developing robust high quality audio encoders and decoders. These are required to ensure 24×7 operations with best quality and reliability for infrastructure grade application segments like Audio Broadcast and Consumer devices, Automobile, IPTV and streaming delivery.
Required Experience: Candidates must have development experience ranging from 2 to 4 years. Out of which, significant experience should be in implementing audio/speech standards.
Must have experience on audio and speech codec
- Must have exposure to optimization on one or more ARM/x86 based platforms
- Have experience working on audio post processing components
- Exposure to Android, iOS or GStreamer framework
- Good to have integration and testing exposure of audio and speech codec/components into multimedia systems framework like ffmpeg, Android or GStreamer
- Exposure to managing /supporting customer interactions
- Knowledge of audio standards like MP3, AAC/HE-AAC /WMA/Dolby AC3/EAC3 or speech codec G.711/G.722/AMR NB/AMR WB would help.
Job Description: Work involves design, implementation and optimization of audio or speech encoders and decoders.
The work will involve implementation and debugging skills on C, C++ as well as optimization on ARM, x86, TI DSP based platforms.
Responsibility: The key responsibilities of the job would be to deliver and excel on the following fronts (not limited to):
- Design, development and implementation of optimized algorithms for audio and Speech codec, audio pre and post processing components on x86 and ARM based platforms
Educational Qualification: Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics and Communications.
Required Technical Skills:
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Good knowledge of Audio codecs and their standards MP3, AAC/HE-AAC /WMA/Dolby AC3/EAC3
- Good knowledge of ARM, TI DSP, x86 based development, assembly and intrinsic
- Knowledge of framework like Android, iOS, GStreamer
Software Processes, Configuration Management, Test Planning and Execution